Friday, April 25, 2008

Leah Schreiber


For this project, I have collaged images of the Blatz complex blueprints, including a range of years, stages, and viewpoints. Through both digitally generated prints, as well as hand-traced drawing, I present an organic imagined history of the architectural development. I am interested in the concept of mapping as a record of the exchange and transformation of the physical through space and time. My interest in certain materials, such as ink, translucent papers, and collage, informs and effects the development of an image, expressing concepts of reaction, repetition, and reinterpretation, which relates to the important process of tracing in my work. Tracing is a record of the past definition of a route, and a re-experience of a direction. I see it as following a predetermined path in order to find a new understanding. 


No comments: